RAW VIDEO: Dad in River Falls Girls' Deaths Pleads Guilty | Crime
A North Dakota man accused of killing his three daughters was back in court Thursday for another hearing, and this time he changed his plea to guilty while maintaining an insanity claim.
Aaron Schaffhausen, a construction worker from Minot, N.D., faces three counts of first-degree intentional homicide. His daughters, 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia, were found dead in their beds July 10. Their throats had been slit, and gasoline had been poured in the basement in an apparent attempt to burn the house down.
Watch raw video of the court appearance here.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Snow Keeps Metro Emergency Rooms Busy with Weather-Related Injuries
- Students Mourn Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash on Slush-Covered Road
- Sen. Al Franken Discusses College Affordability at Apple Valley Event
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Burnsville Travelodge Hotel
- Golden Valley Playground to be Donated to Children Around the Globe
- 2 Children Missing, Firefighter Injured in Redwood County House Fire
- Dayton Answers Questions at College Campus Forum
- Tiger Remains on Display in Duluth after Accidentally Biting Zookeeper
- Albert Lea Men Use Hovercrafts to Save Deer Trapped on Frozen Lake
- Albert Lea Salvation Army Captain Trying to Set World Record for Bell Ringing
- Crews Making Big Preparations for the Final Monster Jam at the Metrodome
- Tests Confirm Cancer-Causing Vapors in Several South Mpls. Homes
- HCMC Nurse Sworn in For Active Duty By Officers, Colleagues
- INTERVIEW: Nicollet Mall Redesign Team Seeks Input
- Funeral Services Planned for Kids Killed in St. Louis Park Pond Crash