RAW VIDEO: Dad in River Falls Girls' Deaths Pleads Guilty | Crime
A North Dakota man accused of killing his three daughters was back in court Thursday for another hearing, and this time he changed his plea to guilty while maintaining an insanity claim.
Aaron Schaffhausen, a construction worker from Minot, N.D., faces three counts of first-degree intentional homicide. His daughters, 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia, were found dead in their beds July 10. Their throats had been slit, and gasoline had been poured in the basement in an apparent attempt to burn the house down.
Watch raw video of the court appearance here.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times
- A Look Inside the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan