RAW VIDEO: Dad in River Falls Girls' Deaths Pleads Guilty | Crime
A North Dakota man accused of killing his three daughters was back in court Thursday for another hearing, and this time he changed his plea to guilty while maintaining an insanity claim.
Aaron Schaffhausen, a construction worker from Minot, N.D., faces three counts of first-degree intentional homicide. His daughters, 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia, were found dead in their beds July 10. Their throats had been slit, and gasoline had been poured in the basement in an apparent attempt to burn the house down.
Watch raw video of the court appearance here.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Katy Perry Celebrates Kacey Musgraves' Birthday at Skateville
- St. Paul Man Charged in Drive-by Shooting in West St. Paul
- Woman Returns to Apple Valley Arby's to Thank Employees who Helped Save her Life
- Mendota Heights Swears in New Police Officer
- Quick Thinking of Coaches, Staff Saves Life of Mendota Heights HS Student
- Mpls. Medical Clinic Cites Affordable Care Act as Reason for Closing
- Former Mpls. School Teacher to be Sentenced for Soliciting Sex from Minor
- Special Recovery Unit Rescues Man who Fell into Mpls. Grain Bins
- Jury Convicts Wayzata Couple of Theft by Swindle
- Man Falls 60 Feet while Exploring Vacant Grain Bins in Mpls.