RAW VIDEO: Dad in River Falls Girls' Deaths Pleads Guilty | Crime
A North Dakota man accused of killing his three daughters was back in court Thursday for another hearing, and this time he changed his plea to guilty while maintaining an insanity claim.
Aaron Schaffhausen, a construction worker from Minot, N.D., faces three counts of first-degree intentional homicide. His daughters, 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia, were found dead in their beds July 10. Their throats had been slit, and gasoline had been poured in the basement in an apparent attempt to burn the house down.
Watch raw video of the court appearance here.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2 Indicted on 1st Degree Murder Charges in Death of Anarae Schunk
- Northfield Police Looking for Shooting Suspect Believed to be Threat to Public
- Sheriff: No Prior Criminal History for Mendota Heights Man Killed in Alleged Home Invasion
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- St. Cloud Police Look for Suspect of Hotel Robbery
- Duluth Woman Gets Creative to Pay for Maternity Leave
- Mississippi River Shuts Down 8 Miles to Commercial Traffic
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Man Fatally Shot after Alleged Attack in Northern Minn. Home
- Minnetonka Beach Man Charged for Running over Wife, Killing Her
- N. Mpls. Community Celebrates Life of Terrell Mayes on Would-Be 6th Birthday
- Wirth Lake in Golden Valley Removed from Minnesota's Impaired Waters List
- Maple Grove Man who Lost Legs in 2013 Boating Accident is Back on Water
- Man Hospitalized after Stabbing in South Mpls.; Police Look for Suspect