RAW VIDEO: Dad in River Falls Girls' Deaths Pleads Guilty | Crime
A North Dakota man accused of killing his three daughters was back in court Thursday for another hearing, and this time he changed his plea to guilty while maintaining an insanity claim.
Aaron Schaffhausen, a construction worker from Minot, N.D., faces three counts of first-degree intentional homicide. His daughters, 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia, were found dead in their beds July 10. Their throats had been slit, and gasoline had been poured in the basement in an apparent attempt to burn the house down.
Watch raw video of the court appearance here.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections
- Motorcyclist Identified in Deadly Crash near Mall of America