Schaffhausen Co-Worker Charged with Witness Threat | Crime
A co-worker of Aaron Schaffhausen is charged with threatening a witness at a trial to determine whether Schaffhausen was sane when he killed his three young daughters in Wisconsin.
Thirty-one-year-old Joe Rollag was charged Monday. Rollag also is charged with possessing a switchblade knife, carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct.
According to the complaint, Rollag approached a deputy monitoring the metal detector at the St. Croix County Government Center Friday and said he needed to talk to Schaffhausen's attorney. The deputy removed two knives from Rollag in a conference room. The complaint says a butterfly knife later was found on the floor of Rollag's pickup in the government center parking lot.
Sheriff John Shilts says security was stepped up Monday as Schaffhausen's insanity trial entered its second week.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Level 3 Sex Offender No Longer Moving into Raymond Township, Meeting Canceled
- Fire that Damaged Historic House in Duluth Ruled Arson
- Wisconsin Deputy Arrested for Drunken Driving in Red Wing
- Recount Underway Between 2 Candidates for St. Cloud School Board Race
- 2 Charged with Felony Fraud while in Faribault Co. Prison
- Grand Reveal Party to Showcase Renovations at Animal Humane Society
- Public Meeting in Brooklyn Park Discusses Ebola Crisis
- 2nd Degree Murder Charges Filed in Deadly South Mpls. Shooting
- Helicopter Training Could Continue Through Mid-Week in Mpls., St. Paul
- Zebra Mussels Discovered at Christmas Lake in Shorewood