Schaffhausen Co-Worker Charged with Witness Threat | Crime
A co-worker of Aaron Schaffhausen is charged with threatening a witness at a trial to determine whether Schaffhausen was sane when he killed his three young daughters in Wisconsin.
Thirty-one-year-old Joe Rollag was charged Monday. Rollag also is charged with possessing a switchblade knife, carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct.
According to the complaint, Rollag approached a deputy monitoring the metal detector at the St. Croix County Government Center Friday and said he needed to talk to Schaffhausen's attorney. The deputy removed two knives from Rollag in a conference room. The complaint says a butterfly knife later was found on the floor of Rollag's pickup in the government center parking lot.
Sheriff John Shilts says security was stepped up Monday as Schaffhausen's insanity trial entered its second week.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lebanon Hills Advocates to Hold Information Meeting About Development Plan
- Family, Friends Mourn Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash
- Dakota Co. Man Pleads Guilty for Criminal Vehicle Homicide
- Park High Gymnastics Coach on Leave After Tattooing Student
- Lindsey Vonn 'Ready for Sochi,' Finishes 5th in a World-Cup Super-G