Schaffhausen Co-Worker Charged with Witness Threat | Crime
A co-worker of Aaron Schaffhausen is charged with threatening a witness at a trial to determine whether Schaffhausen was sane when he killed his three young daughters in Wisconsin.
Thirty-one-year-old Joe Rollag was charged Monday. Rollag also is charged with possessing a switchblade knife, carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct.
According to the complaint, Rollag approached a deputy monitoring the metal detector at the St. Croix County Government Center Friday and said he needed to talk to Schaffhausen's attorney. The deputy removed two knives from Rollag in a conference room. The complaint says a butterfly knife later was found on the floor of Rollag's pickup in the government center parking lot.
Sheriff John Shilts says security was stepped up Monday as Schaffhausen's insanity trial entered its second week.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Judge Tosses Most Serious Charges in Waseca Foiled Plot
- Sheriff: 14-Year-Old Hospitalized in SW Minn. was Mother of Dead Newborn
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured in Accident at Renville Co. Power Line Work Site
- Mendota Heights Man Fatally Shot after Allegedly Barging into Northern Minn. Home
- Duluth Dips into Dunkin' Donuts; Event in Edina for Potential Franchisees