Police Investigate Deadly Shooting in La Crosse | News
La Crosse police are investigating a fatal shooting.
Authorities say a 20-year-old woman called 911 Monday afternoon to report that she had been shot. She later died after being taken to Mayo Clinic Health System hospital in La Crosse.
Investigators are working to determine if the shooting is connected to one that happened minutes earlier at another location. A window in a residence was struck by a bullet. The people inside the residence weren't injured.
WKBT-TV says the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Burnsville Woman Accused of Cutting Brother with Knives over Wi-Fi Connection
- Federal, Local Officers Learn Hostage, Crisis Negotiation Techniques in Rosemount
- Two Charged in South St. Paul Drive-By Shooting
- Katy Perry Celebrates Kacey Musgraves' Birthday at Skateville
- Local Groups use Creative ways to Fight Hunger
- Meeting to be Held in New Brighton to Discuss Mille Lacs Walleye
- 11-Year-Old Boy Dies after being Hit by Vehicle in North Branch
- Former U of M Mankato Football Player Continues to Make Progress in Recovery
- Benson Man Crashes to Avoid Hitting Garbage Truck in Stearns County
- Lightning Strikes, Tornado Cause Damage Across Minn.