Police Investigate Deadly Shooting in La Crosse | News
La Crosse police are investigating a fatal shooting.
Authorities say a 20-year-old woman called 911 Monday afternoon to report that she had been shot. She later died after being taken to Mayo Clinic Health System hospital in La Crosse.
Investigators are working to determine if the shooting is connected to one that happened minutes earlier at another location. A window in a residence was struck by a bullet. The people inside the residence weren't injured.
WKBT-TV says the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2 Indicted on 1st Degree Murder Charges in Death of Anarae Schunk
- Northfield Police Looking for Shooting Suspect Believed to be Threat to Public
- Sheriff: No Prior Criminal History for Mendota Heights Man Killed in Alleged Home Invasion
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- St. Cloud Police Look for Suspect of Hotel Robbery
- Duluth Woman Gets Creative to Pay for Maternity Leave
- Mississippi River Shuts Down 8 Miles to Commercial Traffic
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Man Fatally Shot after Alleged Attack in Northern Minn. Home
- Maple Grove Man who Lost Legs in 2013 Boating Accident is Back on Water
- Minnetonka Beach Man Charged for Running over Wife, Killing Her
- N. Mpls. Community Celebrates Life of Terrell Mayes on Would-Be 6th Birthday
- Wirth Lake in Golden Valley Removed from Minnesota's Impaired Waters List
- Man Hospitalized after Stabbing in South Mpls.; Police Look for Suspect