Police Investigate Deadly Shooting in La Crosse | News
La Crosse police are investigating a fatal shooting.
Authorities say a 20-year-old woman called 911 Monday afternoon to report that she had been shot. She later died after being taken to Mayo Clinic Health System hospital in La Crosse.
Investigators are working to determine if the shooting is connected to one that happened minutes earlier at another location. A window in a residence was struck by a bullet. The people inside the residence weren't injured.
WKBT-TV says the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lakeville High School Student Dies after Crash on Slush-Covered Road
- Sen. Al Franken Discusses College Affordability at Apple Valley Event
- Golden Valley Playground to be Donated to Children Around the Globe
- Former Rosemount Resident Charged with 4 Tax Felonies
- Minn. Woman Pleads Guilty in Day Care Death
- Tiger Remains on Display in Duluth after Accidentally Biting Zookeeper
- Albert Lea Men Use Hovercrafts to Save Deer Trapped on Frozen Lake
- Albert Lea Salvation Army Captain Trying to Set World Record for Bell Ringing
- St. Cloud Healthcare Management Students to Host Information Panel on Dec. 5
- Public Hearings to Take Place About CenterPoint Energy 2014 Rate Increase