Police Investigate Deadly Shooting in La Crosse | News
La Crosse police are investigating a fatal shooting.
Authorities say a 20-year-old woman called 911 Monday afternoon to report that she had been shot. She later died after being taken to Mayo Clinic Health System hospital in La Crosse.
Investigators are working to determine if the shooting is connected to one that happened minutes earlier at another location. A window in a residence was struck by a bullet. The people inside the residence weren't injured.
WKBT-TV says the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- World's 3rd Oldest Snow Monkey to Turn 31 at Minnesota Zoo
- Model Airplane Enthusiasts Seek Permission to Fly in Scott County
- 1 Person Hurt in Plane Accident at Airlake Airport in Lakeville
- Twin Cities Schools Launch Minnesota Thursdays to Feature Foods from Local Farms
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections