Police Investigate Deadly Shooting in La Crosse | News
La Crosse police are investigating a fatal shooting.
Authorities say a 20-year-old woman called 911 Monday afternoon to report that she had been shot. She later died after being taken to Mayo Clinic Health System hospital in La Crosse.
Investigators are working to determine if the shooting is connected to one that happened minutes earlier at another location. A window in a residence was struck by a bullet. The people inside the residence weren't injured.
WKBT-TV says the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Fire Damages Roof of Inver Grove Heights Elementary School
- Man Leads Police on High Speed Chase on Rosemount Police Training Track
- Man Arrested Months after Woman's Body Found in Dakota County Woods
- $1,000 Reward Offered in Mendota Heights Vandalism Cases
- Burnsville Man Accused of Sexual Conduct with 11-Year-Old Girl