Police Investigate Deadly Shooting in La Crosse | News
La Crosse police are investigating a fatal shooting.
Authorities say a 20-year-old woman called 911 Monday afternoon to report that she had been shot. She later died after being taken to Mayo Clinic Health System hospital in La Crosse.
Investigators are working to determine if the shooting is connected to one that happened minutes earlier at another location. A window in a residence was struck by a bullet. The people inside the residence weren't injured.
WKBT-TV says the Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation is assisting.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times
- A Look Inside the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan
- Golden Valley Man Charged in Deadly Multi-Car Crash in Mpls. Last November
- Mpls. Mayor Hodges to Give 1st State of the City Address Thursday
- Como-Harriet Streetcar Line Needs Volunteers
- New Program Helps Organizations on Tight Budgets Save Money on Utility Bills
- New State-of-the-Art Building Opens at University of Minnesota