Wis. Dad Accused of Killing Kids Pleads Not Guilty | News
A Wisconsin judge has entered not guilty pleas for a man accused of killing his three young daughters.
North Dakota construction worker Aaron Schaffhausen faces three homicide counts and an arson charge in the deaths of 11-year-old Amara, 8-year-old Sophie and 5-year-old Cecilia Schaffhausen.
Online court records show Aaron Schaffhausen's attorney stood mute during an arraignment in St. Croix County Circuit Court Tuesday. Judge Howard C. Cameron entered not guilty pleas for Schaffhausen on all the charges.
Police discovered the girls' bodies in the River Falls home they shared with their mother last month. They also found an overturned gasoline can in the basement.
Schaffhausen and the girls' mother divorced in January.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lebanon Hills Advocates to Hold Information Meeting About Development Plan
- Visitation, Mass Held for Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash
- Lindsey Vonn 'Ready for Sochi,' Finishes 5th in a World-Cup Super-G
- Changes to Road Were Planned Before Crash that Killed Lakeville Teen
- Police Search for Farmington Woman Missing Since Nov. 1
- Committee: City Should Move Forward with Small Area Plan for Linden Hills
- Homeless Shelters Reach Capacity in Cold Weather
- Minnesota Orchestra Musicians Hold Public Meeting to Outline Future
- Video Technology Helps Amplatz Patients Tell Santa their Wishes
- Mpls. Police Host Home Security Demonstration after Spike in Burglaries