911 Call Reporting Girls' Killings in Schaffhausen Trial | News
Warning: video contains graphic content.
Jurors listened Tuesday to a 40-minute 911 call made by the ex-wife of a man who admitted to killing his three daughters last July at their home in River Falls, Wis.
“I need somebody to go to (my house)," said Jessica Schaffhausen, the girls' mother, during the 911 call. "My husband just called me and told me he killed my kids.”
The girls' father, 35-year-old Aaron Schaffhausen, has pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree intentional homicide, but he maintains he is not responsible for the killings because of a mental illness. The St. Croix County District Court trial is to determine his sanity.
The 911 call was played during the first day of witness testimony.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- Soldier Surprise: Mom Overjoyed on 5th Anniversary of Son's Death
- Apple Valley Man Charged with Stealing $113k from his own Youth Sports Association
- Finance Manager Accused of Stealing $113K from Rosemount Area Athletic Association
- Twin Cities Premium Outlets Announces 30 New Stores Ahead of Opening
- Woman Run Over in City of Minnetonka Beach Dies, 1 Arrested
- Traffic Backed Up on I-94 West after Semi Carrying Cheese Rolls Over in Monticello
- Man Killed in N. Mpls. Shooting after Bus Fight, 1 Arrested
- 2 Men in Custody After Reported Robbery at Maple Grove CVS
- Most Wake Restrictions to be Lifted Friday on Lake Minnetonka