911 Call Reporting Girls' Killings in Schaffhausen Trial | News
Warning: video contains graphic content.
Jurors listened Tuesday to a 40-minute 911 call made by the ex-wife of a man who admitted to killing his three daughters last July at their home in River Falls, Wis.
“I need somebody to go to (my house)," said Jessica Schaffhausen, the girls' mother, during the 911 call. "My husband just called me and told me he killed my kids.”
The girls' father, 35-year-old Aaron Schaffhausen, has pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree intentional homicide, but he maintains he is not responsible for the killings because of a mental illness. The St. Croix County District Court trial is to determine his sanity.
The 911 call was played during the first day of witness testimony.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New U of M Study Links using a Doula and Reduction in C-Sections
- Motorcyclist Identified in Deadly Crash near Mall of America
- West St. Paul Church Holds Garage Sale to Benefit Charities
- FEMA Rejects Dakota Co. for Disaster Declaration<br />
- Burnsville Woman Accused of Cutting Brother with Knives over Wi-Fi Connection