911 Call Reporting Girls' Killings in Schaffhausen Trial | News
Warning: video contains graphic content.
Jurors listened Tuesday to a 40-minute 911 call made by the ex-wife of a man who admitted to killing his three daughters last July at their home in River Falls, Wis.
“I need somebody to go to (my house)," said Jessica Schaffhausen, the girls' mother, during the 911 call. "My husband just called me and told me he killed my kids.”
The girls' father, 35-year-old Aaron Schaffhausen, has pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree intentional homicide, but he maintains he is not responsible for the killings because of a mental illness. The St. Croix County District Court trial is to determine his sanity.
The 911 call was played during the first day of witness testimony.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Sentencing of South St. Paul Man in Murder of Minn. National Guardsman Delayed
- West. St. Paul Students to Plant Trees at Schools, Homes Ahead of Earth Day
- Twin Cities Mothers Combat Postpartum Depression
- Burnsville Fire Department Looks to Improve Response Times
- A Look Inside the Twin Cities Premium Outlets in Eagan
- Minn. Families See Small Hope in New Wis. Medical Marijuana Law
- 13 Hospitalized After Metro Bus Knocks Down Pedestrian in Downtown Mpls.
- St. Paul Police Reviewing Archbishop Deposition
- Metro Transit: Light Rail Trains Among Most Energy Efficient in Country
- Mpls. Not in Running to Host 2016 DNC Convention