911 Call Reporting Girls' Killings in Schaffhausen Trial | News
Warning: video contains graphic content.
Jurors listened Tuesday to a 40-minute 911 call made by the ex-wife of a man who admitted to killing his three daughters last July at their home in River Falls, Wis.
“I need somebody to go to (my house)," said Jessica Schaffhausen, the girls' mother, during the 911 call. "My husband just called me and told me he killed my kids.”
The girls' father, 35-year-old Aaron Schaffhausen, has pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree intentional homicide, but he maintains he is not responsible for the killings because of a mental illness. The St. Croix County District Court trial is to determine his sanity.
The 911 call was played during the first day of witness testimony.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2 Indicted on 1st Degree Murder Charges in Death of Anarae Schunk
- Northfield Police Looking for Shooting Suspect Believed to be Threat to Public
- Sheriff: No Prior Criminal History for Mendota Heights Man Killed in Alleged Home Invasion
- Firefighters Battle Blaze at Tire Business in South St. Paul
- Volunteers Needed to Beautify Spiral Bridge in South St. Paul
- St. Cloud Police Look for Suspect of Hotel Robbery
- Duluth Woman Gets Creative to Pay for Maternity Leave
- Mississippi River Shuts Down 8 Miles to Commercial Traffic
- Prosecutors: Itasca Co. Kidnapper Wanted to Talk with Ex about 'Being a Good Parent'
- Man Fatally Shot after Alleged Attack in Northern Minn. Home
- Maple Grove Man who Lost Legs in 2013 Boating Accident is Back on Water
- Minnetonka Beach Man Charged for Running over Wife, Killing Her
- N. Mpls. Community Celebrates Life of Terrell Mayes on Would-Be 6th Birthday
- Wirth Lake in Golden Valley Removed from Minnesota's Impaired Waters List
- Man Hospitalized after Stabbing in South Mpls.; Police Look for Suspect