911 Call Reporting Girls' Killings in Schaffhausen Trial | News
Warning: video contains graphic content.
Jurors listened Tuesday to a 40-minute 911 call made by the ex-wife of a man who admitted to killing his three daughters last July at their home in River Falls, Wis.
“I need somebody to go to (my house)," said Jessica Schaffhausen, the girls' mother, during the 911 call. "My husband just called me and told me he killed my kids.”
The girls' father, 35-year-old Aaron Schaffhausen, has pleaded guilty to three counts of first-degree intentional homicide, but he maintains he is not responsible for the killings because of a mental illness. The St. Croix County District Court trial is to determine his sanity.
The 911 call was played during the first day of witness testimony.
Upcoming Events near Western Wisconsin
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lebanon Hills Advocates to Hold Information Meeting About Development Plan
- Visitation, Mass Held for Lakeville Teen Killed in Crash
- Lindsey Vonn 'Ready for Sochi,' Finishes 5th in a World-Cup Super-G
- Changes to Road Were Planned Before Crash that Killed Lakeville Teen
- Police Search for Farmington Woman Missing Since Nov. 1
- Committee: City Should Move Forward with Small Area Plan for Linden Hills
- Homeless Shelters Reach Capacity in Cold Weather
- Minnesota Orchestra Musicians Hold Public Meeting to Outline Future
- Video Technology Helps Amplatz Patients Tell Santa their Wishes
- Mpls. Police Host Home Security Demonstration after Spike in Burglaries